Making a good first impression is VERY important. Making a bad first impression creates an uphill battle for you to turn that around and in some cases you don’t get a second chance. Here are 5 ways to make a good first impression when going on an interview:
- Firm, non-sweaty, not TOO long handshake with full eye contact and a nice smile.
- Don’t sit down until you are invited to do so. It shows that you have manners.
- Ask quality, probing questions about the position. Lets them know you’re really interested.
- Impress them with your knowledge of their company.
- Prepare to engage in some sort of small talk. Don’t be offensive or talk too much about your personal life.