Asking the RIGHT questions can inform your decisions. It can also help you get clarity on a situation. If your home or office is cluttered and full, then you need to take a good look and ask yourself the questions. You may instantly know the answers. You may be surprised by some of the answers. Are you stuck? These questions could help you get unstuck! Maybe you have a system that is NOT working anymore.
Here are some questions to ask:
- Do I have plies of paper sitting around because my file cabinets are full?
- Do I spend more than dealing with my stuff than with my friends and family?
- Does it take me a long time to find an item?
- Do I let my friends or family give me their items to store at my place? And have a hard times saying no?
- Do I have more stuff than I can keep track of?
- AM I constantly clearing spaces for people to sit down when they come over?
- Do I have to buy something that I know I have but can’t find it?
- Am I holding onto stuff because the kids might want it or need it?
- How many junk drawers do I have?
- Are the kids toys everywhere?
- How does it make me feel living in clutter?
Over the next month or two, I will explore each of these issues in-depth and provide food for thought (along with some answers). But at first, I invite you to ask those questions…honestly.