Thanksgiving is tomorrow! I cook for my family every year. Its the one holiday that is mine to give. Here are a few tips that have worked for me:
- For the menu, keep it simple and stick to the “fan” favorites!
- Create a binder for your holiday recipes.
- Try one new dish each year, but get the post-meal review. If it’s a YAY or NAY.
- Accept help. You don’t have to do everything alone.
- During the meal, have each person say ONE thing they are thankful for.
Also I found that right after Halloween, I bought my Thanksgiving table ware and settings like tablecloths, and plates and napkins. They are plentiful at that time. Sometimes you can find products the week of Thanksgiving and at GREAT prices but the selection is limited. AND of course the day after Thanksgiving, you might find items at amazing prices that you can use for next year.