Being a person who runs a household and an organizing business, I come across solutions to everyday issues. Some of them are told to me, others I read about and then try. Some are borne out of the moment (I love those.). And as usual I like to SHARE information with all of you and below is a few things that you may find useful:
- In between washings, dirty clothes can create a smelly hamper, put a dryer sheet at the bottom to absorb the odors and replace weekly. (Dryer sheets are good in old suitcases, closets, shoes racks too.)
- Vaseline takes out lipstick stains. (There is a cheating joke in there somewhere.)
- When you buy bananas, separate them. They ripen faster in a bunch.
- So you have a bag of lumpy sugar. Stick it in the fridge for 24 hours and the sugar won’t be lumpy anymore.
- Need to hang a picture or certificate. Try using the tab from a soda can and use a small nail to secure it to whatever you’re hanging.
- To keep that 10lb bag of potatoes from budding and growing “eyes”, stick an apple in the bag with the potatoes.