Many people have a lot of stuff! As an organizer, I see this all the time. The reasons why are not the same for everyone. But I have noticed similarities and have come to the conclusion that there are at least five types of personalities I encounter in my clientele.
- The Messy One- does not put anything away. Can’t be bothered. Also known as the slob.
- The Concealer- keeps everything hidden. Stuffs things away and out of sight.
- The Procrastinator- wants organization but puts it off. Hard time starting things. Sometimes will put things off to the last minute to take any action.
- The Showcaser- they need to see everything. Hates to put away anything. IN some cases all walls and shelves are completely filled with stuff.
- Hoarder/Pack Rat- Some will say a pack rat isnt a hoarder. I disagree! Its the same. They keep everything and finds it difficult to let things go. TO me they are the MOST extreme.